My favorite way to talk about Owen is that we’re a liberal arts college masquerading as a business school. Faculty get to know students well. Students feel comfortable dropping in and talking about careers. It’s a collaborative culture.
Ranga RamanujamRichard M. and Betty Ruth Miller Professor of Management
Owen Graduate School of Management
Ranked as a top business school by U.S. News & World Report, Financial Times, Businessweek, and Forbes, Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management supplies a world-class education on a personal scale. We offer professional development, executive education, and MBA programs online and on campus.
Our top-ranked management education programs are varied, but they all have one thing in common: they provide the knowledge, skills, connections, and support that will help you achieve your career goals.
Our size and focus allows us to interact with students, alumni, and recruiters as individuals. We are intensely and proudly competitive among the best. We shape leaders who understand that collaboration is essential in today’s connected economy. Our alumni go on to lead and manage change, drawing not only on what they learn here about business, but also what they learn about themselves.
The Owen Graduate School of Management is a place where you will be challenged to achieve your potential, find support as you shape your future, discover lifelong friends and mentors, and open doors to new possibilities.
Vanderbilt University is a globally renowned research university in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee. The university is dedicated to providing a collaborative atmosphere of discovery that drives positive change in the world.
Along with the Owen Graduate School of Management, the university is home to nationally and internationally recognized graduate schools of law, education, medicine, nursing, and divinity, and it offers robust graduate degree programs across a range of disciplines.
Vanderbilt is committed to inclusive excellence, drawing the world’s brightest students, faculty, and distinguished visitors from across all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. The university’s prominent alumni base includes Nobel Prize laureates, members of Congress, governors, ambassadors, judges, admirals, CEOs, university presidents, physicians, attorneys, and professional sports figures.
Rankings and Accolades
Owen Graduate School of Management Rankings
- No. 27 Best Business Schools, U.S. News & World Report, 2024
- No. 45 Global MBA Ranking, The Financial Times, 2020
- No. 6 Careers Service, The Financial Times, 2020
- No. 2 Best Professors, Princeton Review, 2023
- No. 29 Overall, Economist, 2019
- No. 20 Open New Career Opportunities, Economist, 2019
- No. 30 Best U.S. Business Schools, Forbes, 2023
- No. 15 (U.S.) and No. 30 (Global), América Economía, 2019
Vanderbilt University Rankings
- No. 18 National Universities, U.S. News & World Report, 2024
- No. 8 Best Value Schools, U.S. News & World Report, 2023
- No. 6 Learning Communities, U.S. News & World Report, 2023
- No. 38 Most Innovative Schools, U.S. News & World Report, 2024
- No. 1 Best Quality of Life, Princeton Review, 2020
- No. 1 Their Students Love These Colleges, Princeton Review, 2020
- No. 2 Happiest Students, Princeton Review, 2020
- No. 4 Best-Run Colleges, Princeton Review, 2020
- No. 27 Top Colleges, Forbes, 2019
- No. 55 Top-500 World Universities, Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2019
- No. 10 Best Value Among Private Universities, Kiplinger, 2019
- No. 19 World’s Most Innovative Universities, Reuters, 2019
- No. 5 Smartest Colleges in America, Business Insider, 2018
- No. 20 Top 60 Private Schools Jews Choose, Hillel International’s College Guide, 2017
- No. 24 Best Colleges for African-Americans, Essence/Money, 2016
To learn more about the Vanderbilt Business Management Certificate, contact a career advisor at 844-825-9663 or fill out the form below to download a free brochure.